We have adopted a system of computer-based assessments called XAMS, which offers our centres greater flexibility and their learners a user-friendly interface for taking exams. We are looking for more centres to take up what is proving to be a secure and hassle-free means of assessment for a growing number of LCL qualifications.
Here are some of the benefits the XAMS system offers, both centres and learners:
- no need for an assessor to mark assessments
- instant results
- no need for the centre to ‘internally verify’ results
- more secure than paper exams
- removes the potential for human error
- saves time – less admin, automatic marking
- cuts down paper waste and postage costs
And for learners
- accessible, user-friendly interface
- less writing as most of the answers are multiple choice
- option to review and change answers before finally submitting paper
- immediate results
- dummy tests to familiarise learners with the system
The XAMS system, which is most commonly used on-line via a variety of browsers, also has the potential to be offered offline.
Currently, the LCL qualifications available on the XAMS system are as follows:
- Electrical Installation BS7671: 2015
- F-Gas – Categories I – IV
- Energy Efficiency for Gas Fired and Oil Fired Domestic Heating and Hot Water Systems – Level 3 Award
- Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection Testing, Condition Reporting and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 3 Certificate In Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings
We will be launching a number of qualifications this year for which assessment will only be available via XAMS and see real potential in widening our provision of online assessment.
Rachael Creamer, from Business Edge has been using XAMS since last Summer and is pleased with the flexibility the system offers. She says “The XAMS system works really well for us. It’s quick, user-friendly and great that we get the results straight-away.”
For more information and to talk through setting up the system, please contact us.